Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Where Do These Parts Go?

I was taking apart my iPhone 4 and when removing this certain part, 2 separate things came out. I have no idea where the smaller one (3rd pic) goes. These parts came out from near the mother board (1st pic). The original part which I saw in a video is the slightly longer one (2nd pic).

Any help guys?

Images below:

The larger flat plat is the cover of the Dock Flex Connector, cover held in place by 2 screws. The smaller is the antenna contact, which goes over antenna cap connector, remaining portion under battery connector, held in place by battery connector, then both held in place by battery connector screw.

As im really new to opening iPhones...id appreciate it if you could show me where the smaller part (antenna contact?) goes on one of the pics i provided.

If you take a look at the iPhone 4 Logic Board guide, you'll see that the pressure contact is highlighted on step 6 and the thin steel dock connector cable cover is shown on step 8.

The screw hole goes over the screw hole of the battery connector socket. The long thin prong points to the top of the iPhone, parallel to the battery. The small bent tab points straight to the battery, with the bent part going down. When in place, carefully snap down the battery connector. Then insert the battery screw.

aadil3001 will be eternally grateful.