Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

My computer don't recognize my new battery

I just changed my battery on my Macbook, but it does't recongnized the new battery. What should I do??

Most Helpful Answer

Try resetting the SMC.

First of all: What do you mean by doesn't recognize?

Second: Did you order the right battery? And where did you order it? You should have ordered this battery.

Third: Are you sure you installed the battery correctly?

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2009 2.26 Ghz and I took the battery A1278. I followed correctly all the instrctions and I used your tools, but now my laptop cannot switch on... It seems that the energy doesn't go from the battery to the computer. I tried to replace the old battery and the conclusion is the same as with the new one! So now I cannot switch on my laptop with any of the two batteries.

What do I have to do? Why did this thing happen?

Thank you

i have mid 2010 macbook pro 13inch model 2,66ghz and it is oynly working when magsafe cord is conected i have change new battery(tested other mac,works) but my mac shows that it not detect battery..i have done smc reset several times and battery is installed correctly. charger light is always green when i connect it to this mac not orange (charger has tested other mac, working well) what is going on ? please help!

I feel for you as I just happened to have the same problem under warranty (2 months left, whew). I would be interested to know if when you press the charge status button on the side what it says. Mine showed all green dots except for one. Yet it refused to boot without being plugged into the wall. I reset the PRAM and the SMC on mine as well as installing a new hard drive and reinstalling Mavericks.

So I sent it in and they literally replaced everything in the computer, the top case (aluminum and screen), the logic board, the battery, the magsafe port, the keyboard and trackpad. They shipped it back to me and I plugged it in and now I have a computer with a new logic board a screen that is a bit cleaner, and a battery that reports that it only has one cycle on it. Only one issue remains; the system will not work without being plugged in to the wall.

So it is on the way back to an Apple service center overnight. I think they would just give up and send a new computer at this point. I shall see, but it is the strangest thing I've encountered with a computer.

Hi guys,

I have a same problem. A few weeks ago I replaced my battery for a new one, which now doesn't get recognized. There's a cross through the battery charge icon and it says "No battery available".

I can use my laptop with the power cord (green light), but obviously you don't buy a laptop to use only with the battery charger. If I take the charger out, it closes down immediately.

I've reset probably everything there is to reset: SMC, PRAM, NVRAM. I took the battery out and in again, but nothing seems to work.

I ordered the battery at an authorized reseller, did everything exactly like in the video.

HELP! :'(

mother board is bad, apple defect!!!!!!

for the price of new motherboard or aka logic board you may want to smash it and buy a new one.

leblancmantoine will be eternally grateful.