Not sleeping when closing lid after repair.

So I succesfully repaired my backlight after I spilled coffee over my keyboard (thanks to you guys :D) but now after reassembling my MacBook doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid. Does anybody know where the sensor is, so I can fix this?

check if you left or mis position any magnet

Most Helpful Answer

The sensor is in the front left corner of the machine. It is part of the battery indicator. Take a small magnet and run it along the front left edge of the machine above the battery indicator. If the machine doesn't sleep the sensor will need to be replaced. I hope this is helpful.

just the same issue after repair

Thanks! Replacement of sensor fixed the problem

i have the same issue, the magnet puts it to sleep, but it wakes a few seconds after that, any ideas?

note: i set the mb not to wake when the lid is opened (sudo pmset -a lidwake 0) so it doesn't wake anymore when i use the magnet, but it seems not to detect the lid closing. Do i have to change the sensor or is it possible to fix?

I had the same problem. Turns out it was a loose cable. To be specific: open the bottom cover and orient so you are looking at the machine so the battery is to the bottom right. The cable that controls the battery indicator lights and sleep sensor arises from the top right of the battery and inserts into the motherboard via a small square cable. Reseating the connector fixed the issue.

can you help me find this cable

Niels Gerritsen will be eternally grateful.