Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Why is my digitiser uncalibrated after replacing it?

Iphone 3gs 16gb.

I replaced the digitiser and front glass (1 piece) put it back together, it detects my touches so is working, but thinks I am tapping about 1cm to the left of where I actually am tapping. Is there a way to calibrate the touchscreen like on many phones or have I done something wrong? I know this is a known issue, but there doesn't seem to be any up to date information or definite answer :( any help would be very appreciated as I'm doing it for a friend and I can't imagine them being 100% happy with this fix as only the outer glass was broken when they gave me the phone! thanks, max

You either have a faulty digitizer or, more likely....

You have a faulty mainboard connector. The first iPhone I ever looked at was this way, and I needed to have the iPhone looked at. It ended up being that the connector could not be fixed to resolve the issue. Again, you are looking at a bad mainboard digitizer connector (#2). It may be fixable, but it may not be.

Best of Luck,

having same problem did you need a new glass?

Max will be eternally grateful.