A unibody aluminum generation of the Mac Mini identifiable by the model number A1347, spanning the Mid 2010 to the currently sold Late 2014 model.

Mac Mini 2010 hard drive cable?

iFixit has a guide for replacing the hard drive cable for the Mac Mini 2010. Where would I find such a cable? Like a lot of people who replaced their hard drives, I accidentally pulled out the wires for the thermal sensor, which is attached to the hard drive cable. If I could get my hands on one of these, presumably the fan would stop spinning at its maximum rate constantly.

That would be Apple part # 076-1360. Do a web search for that part number. You can get it here for $25.00: https://www.usedmac.com/products/076-136...

Thanks for the link. From that site's pictures, it looks like the thermal sensor is separate from the drive. Is it just a matter of laying down a small dot of solder to attach it to the cable?

Has anyone seen instructions on how to attach the thermal sensor to the drive? I still have an extra thermal sensor (attached to my old hard drive). Should I just de-solder that and solder it to the new drive? Is there an easier way?

David Zawistowski will be eternally grateful.