0

Klaus Hiesmayr
1

MBP makes strange noise (left fan?)

Hi community!

Since today my MBP (mid 2010) makes very strange noise. It comes from anywhere near the tabulator key. I just opened my MBP, under the tabulator key is the left fan.

I made a short video to demonstrate the noise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgee3A47Q...

Please help me, I have important examinations in two weeks, my laptop is very important for me! :-/

Greets

Klaus

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( )

3

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Thanks for the video. Yes this sounds like something is pressing against the fan. I would first check to see if the attachment cable is getting caught and pressed into it. That failing I would remove the fan to see what could be pressing against it. As I always recommend, users should always use an external hard drive for Time Machine backup. These things are cheap now, under a hundred dollars and can save you a lot of greif if you ever lose your hard drive or, God forbid, your Book. Here's how to do it: MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2010 Left Fan Replacement

Edited by: mayer ( )

thank you, i give that a try!

Klaus Hiesmayr,

does it work? i have the same issue.

iscluisanc,