Repair for different sorts of record players, for recreation and music production.

Removing scratches from vinyl records if possible.

Is there a way to get out or remove a scratch from a vinyl record enough for it to not skip or get caught and repeat?

Not really. This is one of the major reasons for getting away from vinyl. This link will get you to a real professional and lots of videos on caring for your vinyl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyrMjzcWv...

This depends on how bad the scratch really is. There used to be cleaners available that would sometimes help, but most of these have gone away (much like actual "record stores") since the advent of digital music.

Another tip you could try (after cleaning he record) is to slightly increase the amount of weight on the stylus. Tone arms usually have an adjustment wheel on the back end of the arm. Be aware that too much tone arm weight may cause wear ad damage to your record.

Depending on how bad the scatches are you can use the inside of a bananna skin rub it in ,wipe off the excess and try itIt works on CD's but I never tried it on records.

I have been somewhat successful using an ice cube by rubbing it fairly hard into the grooves. This method does not repair the scratch, but as I am typing this I am listening to an older record that I couldn't play through before doing this. I like second hand bargains and am playing it on an Audiotronics schoolhouse player I was able to repair. It's not exactly state of the art but it suits me.

It could be skipping from dust buildup. This can be fixed by pouring wood glue over the surface of the vinyl record, letting it dry, and then peeling it off. This pulls dust from the grooves and may prevent skipping. Source: Records Albums

Try a a light-light-light piece of water sandpaper and rub LIGHTLY over the scratch. It works on CD's and DVD's but I haven't tried it on records yet. It may work but again it might not as each song on the record is an etched in image of the songs spectrogram. Sanding it off is removing the song. But try it and see what happens.

Joel will be eternally grateful.