Magic Mouse

The Apple Magic Mouse is a multi-touch mouse manufactured and sold by Apple Inc. It was announced and sold for the first time on October 20, 2009.

Question Closed

How do we reduce the click pressure on an Apple Magic Mouse?

The Apple Magic Mouse offers some great features and has one of the highest levels of sensitivity available on a bluetooth mouse. (It works on both Macs and PCs). However, its chunky click is reminiscent of the original Microsoft wired mouse all those years ago - fine for the once in a lifetime 'gotya' click but no good for high frequency usage, e.g. lots of drags and drops. .... It just needs too much pressure to make a click.

My question is, is it possible to make a good mouse great by increasing the sensitivity of the Magic Mouse click?

This seems like a hardware issue - so come on iFixit, anybody taken one of these to pieces yet?

How do we reduce the click pressure?

This question was migrated from

by iRobot

I migrated this questions from Meta to Answers because it's not actually about iFixit itself.

by Taylor Arnicar

I feel the same way about the click on my Magic Mouse. There is no way this is a software issue. There is a hardware that handles the click. I have a MacAlly USB mouse that has the perfect, light pressure (the only problem w/ that mouse is that its scroller is only vertical).

by ifi91745

There is software called MagicPrefs that will let you make adjustments that should fix your problem.