Devices that provide digital content for televisions

Is it possible to convert an anlogue set top box to digital

i will be obliged if conversion kits are available to convert the existing analogue set top boxes to digital.I will be thankful if the entire procedure can be explained with schematic diagrams.I am from india,government have issued a guide line to convert all broadcast to digital,one should not throw away the existing boxes when there is a possibility to convert and pile up the electronic junk yard which extremely difficult to dispose off

Dear Mr.MAYER,Thank you for your kind suggestions and your willingness to enquire from your local legislator,as far as my knowledge goes we in india unfortunately do not have this system,india is different i would like to convert the existing set top box,i will send the schematic diagram if permitted by your good self,kindly guide me

In my country (USA) the government send out vouchers for assistance in paying for the converter boxes (digital signal to analog) before the switch. I would contact my lo0cal legislator to see if a similar program is available in India.

NARAYANAN LAKSHMANAN will be eternally grateful.