The iMac is Apple's line of all-in-one desktop computers.

Can I repair a yellow screen on my 24" iMac?

The display is strongly tinted yellow

I might be a little late to this ship, but my 21' iMac has developed a yellow screen tint (lower right-hand corner) over the past month. The serial # on my unit is QP3208TDNN. Can this unit qualify for an Apple fix?

Please give is the last three figures of your serial number to see if you qualify for a free fix from Apple. Here's some info on yellow screen issues Apple has had: http://www.macworld.com/article/1146754/...

qp0211355pk

Their have been a few different causes for Yellow screens within LED back lit LCD units.

The first is the reflective foils used in the LED bars get burnt over time causing the back scattered light to be colored in the 24" & 27" models. It took quite a long time for this to be come evident.

The second was in the newer 2011 21.5" Apple received a bad run of LCD screens so within a few months the screen became yellow.

Sadly both issues require replacing the screen and as far as I know both extended repairs have expired now.

Michael Moscrip will be eternally grateful.