Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Small portion of the touch screen doesn't work

I just replaced the screen on a 3GS yesterday. Everything works just fine, except there's a capacitative dead zone where the 1 and - keys are. Anyone know what this could possibly be?

rsalisbu, it is my experience, that if it is just a certain area of the touch screen that is unresponsive, that it is the digitizer that has failed. In your case, I would contact the vendor and get a replacement. You can also try to see if the same area stays unresponsive when you rotate your phone. If it does it is definitely the digitizer. Hope this helps, good luck.

if it's only on the number screen and nowhere else ie typing or using apps in that area then I'd look at a reboot or resync to see if that helps..otherwise check your connections or do as oldturkey suggests and return to sender.

rsalisbu will be eternally grateful.