Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

iPhone turns on when plugged into wall then wont hold a charge

Originally my battery went dead so i replaced it. After replacing it I plugged my iPhone into the wall charger, it turned on and eventually says Connect to iTunes. After letting it charge for a while, I disconnected the phone from the wall to plug it into iTunes. Upon disconnecting, the phone shuts off completely and wouldn't turn on. When plugged into mac it will not turn on either.

jonscr20, if your iPhone comes on while on an AC charger, but not on your computer, it is most likely that you have a defective battery. Also, check the dock connector for any bend, broken or corroded pins. Clean it with some isopropyl alcohol. Make sure that your USB cable is in good working order. It comes on when charged on AC because of a higher amperage that is supplied by the AC charger. Replace the battery, re-evaluate and, if it still wont work properly, replace the dock connector. Hope this helps, good Luck

thank you! i just ordered a new battery and ill give it a shot

jonscr20 will be eternally grateful.