Can I replace my logic board and still keep my current memory?

I've recently replaced my ipod screen/glass that had cracked with a new one I ordered online. It was working great for a while even though I wasn't able to fully glue it back on and keep it closed. This caused the connection cable to smash its connector on the logic board. If I now replace my logic board will I be able to salvage all that I have on my ipod, including apps, pictures, settings, and music?? If not is there any other way to fix my ipod and save what I currently have on it?

Josh, all your files are saved on the NAND memory IC's on your logic board. Thre is no easy DIY way to access the memory directly. So if you replace your logic board, it will be gone. If you install a new logic board, you might be able to restore your last backup onto it. For board level repair, you might try to contact the user hectordtruong on here http://www.ifixit.com/Users and see if he can help you. He usually does board level repair for the iPhone but may have an option for you as well. Hope this helps, good luck

thank you so much for the response, i really appreciate it. i'll contact hector and see if he can help me out.

Thanks OldTurkey! Josh, I've emailed you back.

what was hectordtruong's answer???? :o

Do u mean cloud backup

AndroidGalore, cloud backup? 2012? What are you referring to?

I have two iPhone 6 one is stuck on the iTunes restoration and fails to restore. The other iPhone 6 is perfectly good but was trying know if it was possible to switch logic boards to restore the messed up iPhone and replace the logic board back to its original phone and still work with no problems

Josh will be eternally grateful.