iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Problems after screen change

I have an iPhone 4s (Verizon). I had recently purchased what was described as an OEM screen plus LCD after I had cracked my factory screen. After replacing the screen and LCD such features as the side volume controls, vibrate switch, and proximity switch (dimming after accepting a call) have stopped working. I double checked to see that all of the connectors were pushed on correctly and they were. Is it possible this may not be an OEM screen and causing the problem or is there a piece of the hardware that I may have damaged that controls all of these functions (i.e. motherboard)? Any help or insight is appreciated. Thank you.

Check to make sure have properly reconnected all of the flex cables under the EMI shield on the top of the logic board and you have not damaged the connection points or any small surface mount components. Disconnect the cables with a plastic smudger. Also, check to make sure there isn't anything blocking the proximity ports on the replacement glass. Some assemblies have QA stickers on them. The screen is independent from the switches. Damaging the flex cables or logic board could have happened. Make sure the flex cables are connected properly to the volume and mute switches ect.

Restore the phone. Do a hard reset.

Chris will be eternally grateful.