The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

How to reconnect Inverter cable connection?

I am having difficulty re-connecting the inverter cable to it's socket on the board - step 31 of the instructions on how to replace the LCD panel.

Can you tell me how this connector works - does it press in from the top or slide in from the side or rear?

There are several 13" MacBooks. Please look in your battery compartment and give us a complete rundown on your Books identity. Thanks

Yes, you need to describe it- if you can't find the model number then tell us about it, is it white? black? aluminum? what year?

Hi Keith, welcome to iFixit Answers,

Small Dogs Electronics has a good tutorial on youtube for the MacBook LCD panel replacement. They'll show you how to connect the LCD cable connector in the inverter board socket since it's a tricky job. Please check these two links:

Keith Rodger will be eternally grateful.