Repair guides and support for all household mechanical fans including ceiling, box, tower, and stand fans.

Why the motor wont turn and fan will not come on.

When i plug in my Aloha Breeze tower fan nothing happens

viviannash17, there are a few different variation of this fan. I can tell you that the model 84001 has a fuse as well as a capacitor that connect to the motor. I would disassemble the fan and check those two items. Of course, make sure that you disconnect the power, and that you know how to use a multimeter. Hope this helps, good luck.

Most of the time, the problem is the motor start capacitor, this brief video explains:

Fan blades don't spin

It could also be due to the termal cut off fuse, or the electric motor itself (uncommon). For a complete repair analysis video, watch this:

Complete electrical fan troubleshooting guide

You may have two bad switches. I just changed two because they went bad at the same time. Very easy tofix. Just make sure you get one for the fan and one different for the lights. Different amps for both.

viviannash17 will be eternally grateful.