Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

iPod cannot be restored.

When I plug in my ipod to itunes it says it has to be restored. I click restore and it runs for a minute then reads - The ipod "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1439)

this strategy still works! I'd spent an inordinate amount of time & profanity trying to restore, getting the same message over & over... plugging it into the back of my desktop allowed it to restore and - thankfully - synchronize again.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Rene, for the error 1439, try this:"leave iPod plugged into computer. Press the centre button and menu at the same time until iTunes recognizes there is an iPod plugged in. It should also recognize that the iPod is corrupted and commence downloading recovery software." You should also try a different USB port. Use one in the back of the computer (if you are using a desktop). Let us know what works, if anything.

Very helpful thanks.

After going through all the troubleshooting online switching to a different USB finally worked. Can't believe I didn't think of something so simple after pulling my hair out for hours!

The switch to a different USB was also the final key. Worked like a charm in the USB 3.0 slot. Not so good using an extender with multiple ports...

Great! After changing the USB port, all went right in the restore process ;-)

what about a 1430 error code?

Hello. I have the same issue, but the reset and switching to other USB port didn't work.

Help pleasE?

Did you ever get this solved? I'm having the same problem

yes please help the same error keeps coming up and port does not work all of them

gracias llevaba como 5 dias en disk mode

Rene will be eternally grateful.