Acer Aspire 5100

An Acer Aspire 5100 Laptop with a 15.4" inch display.

Question Closed

continuously beeps at bootup

On power up, I get a beeping. It will continue to do this and not go passed the initial screen. I can enter setup(f2) but the beeping continues even then.

Please tell us more about the beeps and the pattern it is demonstrating - short beeps, long beeps, etc...

by ABCellars

It is a repetitive beeping, no pattern aside from it being a distinct beep.

by David

So it is a single repetitive beep? Try reseating your RAM.

by ABCellars

Yes it is. Did try the RAM reseat with no success. I heard there are issues with the keyboard? It is almost like a single key is being held down. I have had issues with the "d" sticking in programs like Excel but never on a boot up before.

by David

Most Helpful Answer

Try holding down the l key on start up and see if the sound is the same. If it is, disconnect the keyboard, jump start the machine from the logic board and see if the problem is resolved. If so, pop the D key and clean it and see if you can get it working. That failing, replace the keyboard.

Mayer, where's the 3G_HOT rail on one of these to jump start it from?

by ABCellars

I had recently installed a few things on my computer. Mostly chrome plugings or gmail plugins and so I did a system restore back a few days and it fixed it.