Repair and support for the controllers that shipped with the PS3. Released mid 2008, the six-axis lithium battery powered controller (CECHZC2) is straightforward to repair.

I can fix my PS3 controller without opening it? Random Pressing Button

My controller is pressing buttons randomly for itself, like a problem that has been posted before:

Why does my controller randomly presses buttons?

I've already opened the controller, and I haven't seen anything weird or abnormal in it. And in that previous post, the guy doesn't say what worked for him. Is there a way to fix this problem that has been proven to work? Or, do I just need to buy a new one?

Cleaning the controller on the inside is not working. What else I can do to fix it?

The problem is more frequently when pressing L3 or just giving some little hits on my hand and it starts to be randomly pressing buttons...

can anyone help me because I have a controller where the dial pad, L1 and L2 triggers refuse to work should I just buy a new controller or nah?

my L3 button refuses to work when I am on gta 5 it spins and spins without stoping it also walks on its own I tried opening it no problem but what should I do?

can some one help me my ps3 controller doesn't turn on and does thing by its self plz have answer

Google repair ps3 controller with tape. Its 15 min. Fixes all buttons. Their is a sensor pad when controller starts to do random stuff it needs a piece of rolled up tape flatend out to wedge all sensors flat and tight again. I've already fixed 4 controllers this way.

I've found the solution while searching for PS3 controller L3 problems. (The problem was more frequently when pressing L3 button.) I went to this forum and saw that a guy had found the solution. He included a link to this YouTube video:

I watched the video and found another video that shows a similar solution, but with another tape that is a good tip for the repair.

thx a lot! this worked for me !!

I don't have a tiny screwdriver

You dont need one... just a philips 1 or 0 will work

Most Helpful Answer

Are you guys high, just press the small 'reset' button on the back while the controller is plugged in and wait a few seconds

Thank u it workman u so much

Where is the small reset button.

Yeah... Tried that... A few times... Not working so what next smart guy?

Yeah tried that too...it worked fine the other day now it's pushing random buttons....when I first turn it on works ok for about 2 mins then haywire!!

Guys what if the pillow on the strip thing has come out how do I stick it back

Um.. you guys posting links about fcking opening up the controller. Read the %#*@ question idiots

you can't , you have to open it, you can find the fix in a tutorial video down here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn1dGoK2s...

i have the same problem with my controller . but i opened it and fix it . there is small foam inside the controller .i just wrappe it with the tape . and now my controller works perfectly fine.

@ali, explain where "the foam" is and what it looks like. Better yet, post an image with your answer so we can see what you are describing.

this video solved mine, can be helpfull work for you too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnXHaHw...

Press the reset button on the back then hold the ps button. It works

my ps3 controller turns on but shows random numbers and does not connect with my ps3.. I tried resetting ... it still charges and shows random numbers ... what can I do? It is a new controller .. plz help

Um only way to fix button issue is to get a regular six- axis non dual shock controller then no issues why ribbon film for all buttons is connected to a push connector not the stupid dual shock 3 way u

Reset button does not work. Nice try, people who think reset buttons fix physical issues in the controller. These aren’t computer glitches, the problems are physically in the controller

nmatiasmorales will be eternally grateful.