Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Battery iPhone 4s doesn't charge at all

Hi recently I open my iPhone 4S and now my battery doesn't charge instead of showing the lightning bolt icon indicating it was charging, it showed a plug icon. However, as indicated, the battery was continuing to run down so I tried all 3 cords, different outlets, etc. with the same result--the phone only showed a "plug" icon inside of the battery icon and the battery continued to lose charge. I tried turning the phone completely on and off but that only produced the same result. The battery inevitably lost all charge and my phone is now dead. Any suggestions?

I have the same thing with my iPhone 3GS i placet a new batery on it but it doesn't work.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

on the iPhone 4 check that the 2 tabs on the battery connector line up perfectly with the grooves on the phone. I missed this and my battery did not charge. When corrected all was good.

My Iphone was not charging before I replaced the battery. No change after battery replacement. Now what?

there isn't much to mess up on a 4s. The battery plugs into the connector and get screwed down with 2 screws.

Take it apart again and make sure you have everything lined up. If it is, its possible that you got a bad battery.

Sergio Ruben Sanchez Balam will be eternally grateful.