CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

Removing oil from inside my iPhone.

My IPhone and I got saturated with oil in a work related accident. What would be my best option as far as cleaners to remove the oil from the circuits and internals of phone. The phone still works with the exception of the lower microphone and the screen has a dark cloud behind the display ,which is the oil spreading. Thanks in advance for your time.

Iam curious if contact cleaner could be used. Iam actually using the phone to type this. I have been afraid to shut it down until the surgery

It's an iPhone 4 bro you can get it replaced for around 30 bucks I recommend just buying a used one on eBay or something unless you can make it work without spending anything too old to put money into it is my opinion thanks

yazafoo, first thing to do is to not continue to try to start the phone. you will have to disassemble it, use this guide to show you how. After that, clean it using this guide. It was written for a 3G but all of the cleaning will still apply to your phone as well. When you do clean it make sure that you use a high grade isopropyl alcohol and that you are careful with any brushing etc. so you do not knock any components off the logic board. Once properly cleaned, replace the battery and reassemble the phone, reevaluate for any damage. You may have to get a new display due to the oil. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you for your response, iam curious if contact cleaner could be used. Iam actually using the phone to type this. I have been afraid to shut it down until the surgery starts.

I would not use anything else but isopropyl alcohol. It is not conducting, which most contact cleaners are, and most of them still contain a fair amount of water, as well as other contaminants that are conductive. Biggest issue with water damage is short circuiting the board and components as well as corrosion.

Makes sense alcohol it is. Thank you very much.

be careful when buying the isopropyl alcohol. some contain talc. i would keep an eye on any of the hardware switches, replace them if they dont work.

My iPhone 6s had gotten dropped into oil not cooking but motor oil and I continued to use it now what can I do?

i heard to vacum the oil out with a vacume that has good suction

yazafoo will be eternally grateful.