Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

Fan shuts off after a while.

Hello, Im having trouble with my macbook pro mid 2009. Let's start from beginning, so I had problem with my fan buzzing like in here on youtube and than stops at 100 rpm I was hoping changing fan would fix the issue but apparently it did not, in fact it made things worse. I changed it for new one and now fan shut down completely after few minutes. Sometimes when I move around or push back cover it starts like nothing happen but not always.

I mean they are not "slowing down" to low cpu usage. The fan just turns off (0 rpm) when cpu temp is high like 90 degree celcius and cpu gets even up to 105 C with fan not working at all. I have no idea what to do. For now it seem that rest mac is the best option for few minutes. I like to add that when the fan is working it runs at the highest speed (6500rpm) even if cpu temp is below 50 C.

machead3, Im sure that I locked the fan connector on motherboard and it locked in place but now im not sure if I did not damaged connector on motherboard.. what is the way out if I did ? Motherboard replace is the only option in here?

machead3, Im sure that I locked the fan connector on motherboard and it locked in place but now im not sure if I did not damaged connector on motherboard.. what is the way out if I did ? Logicboard replace is the only option in here?

Now Im getting to understand what happen with fan connector on logic board. Fan Socket 2 pin remain intact but others are little bridged. When I push down on to logic board with my finger than fan's working fine. What should I do? The connector is not totally damaged, should I solder iron or maybe some electric tape or something else to keep it pushed ?

So you went from too noisy to stopping occasionally-that's normal. Macbook fans come on when CPU utilisation goes up as well as when temperature goes up. If you're doing something that will make the CPU hot due to high use (gaming, video etc), it will kick the fans in to stop it getting to hot in the first place, this is good. When it's cooled or not getting hot they should stop. If you install a 3rd party utility you could determine if your macbook is still overheating, and that would be a problem that needs fixing.

FWIW moving the macbook while running & jostling it is not a good practice. You can damage the HD if it the read write heads aren't parked quickly enough.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Sounds like you may have lose or damaged connector to a temperature sensor. When you dis/reassembled the machine did you get the connectors back on square? Sometimes they "look" like they're on but they are not down & locked.

nightszeli will be eternally grateful.