Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Can't remove internal screw to release battery

i am trying to change the battery based on the installation instructions here. I was able to get the external screws out (use the 5 point screwdriver) but the internal screw seems to need a Phillips. I am using a Phillips 00 screwdriver but can't seem to get it to move. I watched the video to make sure i was turning it correctly but still can't get it to move. Any suggestions?

I've had a bit of trouble with some screws, but ever since I bought the ifixit toolkit, they have the bit holder that has a hole in the end of it, once i placed the extender into the hole, I used that as sort of an extra torque to loosen the factory tightened screw.

jjgarzia will be eternally grateful.