Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

No sound from iPod

I dropped my phone into a glass off juice I've turned it off and dried it out, yesterday I was able to use the iPod section to listen to music through a docking station, head phones and an fm transmitter. But today it doesn't want to know. It will play sound for a second or so then nothing. It still makes keyboard clicks and when the phone rings that comes out too as voices when it's on speaker phone.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you may have some corrosion or dirt on the dock pins so that there is no message getting to the dock. You could try cleaning the dock pins with a moistened q-tip when the phone is powered off to see if that helps, otherwise you may need a new dock connector. Best advice would be to open the phone and clean it properly while you are replacing that part (i'm not sure how submerged the phone got or whether it was just the bottom part of the phone..)

Amie will be eternally grateful.