Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

iPhone 3GS shuts off and won't start untill connected to power

My iPhone 3gs shuts off randomly and won't start till connected to the charger.The battery % reflected is always healthy.

I have shown it to a known analyst (not to the apple store as it is jail broken).He first did a fresh installation of the custom OS 4.1 - no results.He then checked the motherboard and other hardware for fault - no results.

He is suggesting , battery replacement might help , but there isn't any guarantee.

Help !

Regards,

Shikhar

Shikhar Hasija, nobody can ever say with a 100% certainty what it is unless one has the phone for diagnostics. I most certainly would try to restore it if you think that it might be software related . The number one thing I would do, before anything else, is to replace the battery. "If it shuts off randomly and won't start till connected to the charger "would be what I base this on. Hope this helps, good luck.

I got the battery replaced and now the phone is working all fine :-)

Thanks for the help !

Thank you for accepting my answer. Best of luck to you.

Try to unjailbreak it then go to an apple store, maybe they have an answer :)

Shikhar Hasija will be eternally grateful.