Released on July 21, 2011. Core i5 or Core i7 Processor. Thunderbolt. This unit is also used to run the Mac Mini Server configuration.

Mac Mini: Processor upgrade (mid 2011)

Is it possible, now with the release of iVy Bridge processors to manually replace the processor in a Mac Mini (specifically the mid 2011 server, Quad i7) ?

mostly I'd be interested in the improved integrated graphics, and the slight power savings (which I'm assuming would also help the machine to run a bit cooler)

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

See if this answer helps: Upgrade to Ivy Bridge CPU?

Note that this link refers to various iMacs, but NONE specifically to the MAC MINI (that I was able to locate).

I have successfully upgraded my mid-2011 Mac Mini to 16GB memory, and use of a VERY speedy SSD drive. Heat was my only enemy, so I proactively sit my Mini on a small USB fan, and added a "cheapo" 'personal fan' of about 6" (running on 110-V plug in) and have had ZERO problems. Speed increase is quite amazing - now if I could determine if my I5 2.5 GHz could be replaced with a quad-core I7... I'b be a very happy guy.

Brimaday - The Mac mini's CPU is soldered to the logic board. your only choice is to replace the full logic board.

Jonathan will be eternally grateful.