Released on July 21, 2011. Core i5 or Core i7 Processor. Thunderbolt. This unit is also used to run the Mac Mini Server configuration.

Mac Mini: Processor upgrade (mid 2011)

Is it possible, now with the release of iVy Bridge processors to manually replace the processor in a Mac Mini (specifically the mid 2011 server, Quad i7) ?

mostly I'd be interested in the improved integrated graphics, and the slight power savings (which I'm assuming would also help the machine to run a bit cooler)

See if this answer helps: Upgrade to Ivy Bridge CPU?

Note that this link refers to various iMacs, but NONE specifically to the MAC MINI (that I was able to locate).

I have successfully upgraded my mid-2011 Mac Mini to 16GB memory, and use of a VERY speedy SSD drive. Heat was my only enemy, so I proactively sit my Mini on a small USB fan, and added a "cheapo" 'personal fan' of about 6" (running on 110-V plug in) and have had ZERO problems. Speed increase is quite amazing - now if I could determine if my I5 2.5 GHz could be replaced with a quad-core I7... I'b be a very happy guy.

Brimaday - The Mac mini's CPU is soldered to the logic board. your only choice is to replace the full logic board.

Jonathan will be eternally grateful.