Model No. A1367 / 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Why is my iPod not responding to charge?

I have an iPod touch 4 that will not respond to a charge or be recognized when plugged in to PC. I have left it on a KNOWN GOOD wall charger for 24 hrs, I have researched and tried all the button combinations posted here on ifixit and other forums. I have went down all the checklists on Apple support... all same result...no white screen, no Apple logo, just nothing on screen.

It has not been dropped and has no water damage.

You can measure the voltage on the battery connectors. Measure first with it unplugged, then measure it when it is plugged in. Unplugged you should get around 2.7V plugged in around 3.7V. That way you know you are getting power supply to the battery. If that checks out, it may just be your battery that is on the fritz.

Most Helpful Answer

In this case, the first thing I'd check is the condition of the pins in the dock/charge port at the bottom of the unit. Look for dust or other obstructions that may be keeping the pins from making good contact. Also, check for missing pins. You'll need good light and a magnifying glass if your eyes are like mine. :)

If the unit isn't event taking a charge, regardless of source, the first thing to do is check for quality connection. Thereafter, you might need to open the unit up to check the internal connections between the docking port and the system board.

OK, carefilly blew a little dust out, but no bent or missing pins. Before I think about replacing the dock connector, are there any tips/guides to checking the voltage at the battery?

Mike P will be eternally grateful.