Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Not charging water damaged but working

The iphone was dropped in water and now it can't be charged. It is fully functional though so I am looking what it should be replaced in order to reenable the charging function.

Yannis Tsokannis, I most certainly recommend that you will have to clean it in order to prevent later failure due to corrosion. Check this guide. It was written for a 3G but applies to your phone as well. Clean it thouroughly or risk failure later on;-) The LiIon battery absolutely do not like any humidity and can even react violently with it. These are smart cell device that will have to be replaced due to the possibility of a short circuit. Clean your phone, replace the battery and re-evaluate for any damage. you can get the battery from here iPhone 4S Replacement Battery If after that it should still not charge, you may have to start replacing the dock connector. Hope this helps, good luck.

Yannis Tsokanis will be eternally grateful.