Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Hard reset doesn't work. Not charging & not responding to Itunes.

Iphone 4 went dead on battery level: 65%. Hard reset: not responding. Charged for hours but Iphone doesn't charge, not dissipating any heat, no noise. Connect to Itunes: Itunes doesn't recognised and not communicating with Iphone. Cleaned both 40 pin socket and jack. Tried putting the phone to DFU mode but not responding. Please help. I last backup the phone was 6 months ago.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help. I tried all the above advice but no luck. I decided to bring the phone to the shop (not authorized apple repair center). They tried software updates but the phone is not responding to Itunes. Failed hard reset, failed DFU mode. So he took off the back cover, remove more screws and off the logic board circuit. Probe a few points with the multimeter and there he said something about energy/power chips. He then asked me whether I charged the phone with any 3rd party chargers? Car charger? Quite impressive...

He is going to replace a chip and the damage is about USD120 (after conversion). He assured me the information in the phone will not be removed. Holly cow, what else can I asked for. Using tweezer and hot air gun, he then removed a BGA chip near the "A4 apple logo chip". I have the photograph.

He then clean the BGA pad, clean the BGA chip (i suspect it is used chip), used a metal stencil to arrange the flux and BGA onto the cleaned chip, cool off and remove the stencil. Looks neat though. Finally install the chip with the hot air gun. True enough the phone reboot with apple logo, battery remain at about 60%, all information remained as it is.

The whole process took about 30 ~ 40min. Anyway, hope this help. Thanks...

Good job in getting it fixed. Best of luck to you.

I'm impressed. Does this guy have a web site?

Can you help me with my iPhone4 please

Hi Andrew, I have the same issue with my 6 plus. Where did you get yours fixed?

How can you not post the tech or place that fixed it? Some of us may have the same problem and the tech probably would appreciate the business.

Andrew, if you have absolutely no response after a hard reset and after cleaning the dock connector, replace the dock connector and see what you get. Of course, like Tam Nguyen says, make sure you have a good working USB cable as well as try to charge it with a wall adapter. Do not forget to change the battery as well, even so your level said 65%. It could just be a red herring. Good Luck.

try disconnecting the battery for a few hours to dissipate any residual charge then reconnection and power on with cable connected to power source, if that doesnt work you may have to replace your dock connector cable.

I found an excellent guide to reset my iphone without the use of the home button! http://appquests.com/hard-reset-your-iph... hope it works for you guys!

what if you have an iphone 5s and nothin is working not even the hard reset , it wont charge even when i buy new chargers should i go to the apple store???

i think if hard reset is not working best is to go apple store and let them have a look on it .

I tried power and home button but it doesn't work it won't turn on at all

Please help anyone

Andrew will be eternally grateful.