Can I replace a cracked matte screen with glossy glass from iFixit?

I've got a MacBook Pro 17" Unibody early 2009 and during recent repairs* I accidentally cracked the screen. The LCD seems fine, no rainbows or what have you, but the surface is cracked. I've got the matte display with the silver bezel, and was wondering if I could replace the matte glass only with this: MacBook Pro 17" Unibody (Early/Mid 2009) Front Display Glass

Second, I assume that if the repair is possible, that the part in question is the usual glossy glass, meaning the display would no longer be matte? Also, if I do the repair, do I need any other parts, such as a bezel for the glossy glass etc?

*the repairs aren't relevant as such, but still a pain; a blown right fan caused battery overheating, causing battery swelling, which destroyed the trackpad (situated right above the battery) as well... $350 in parts and a few hours of labour just because one bloody fan blew...

Sorta kinda... theLCD itself can be glossy or anti-glare, so keeping the matte LCD is good news, as it appears to be the actual difference between displays, providing that you don't damage the Need Matte Screen Bezel, as you change the glass. I guess it can be a PITA if you need to find a bezel.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Thank you for the information!

My bezel is undamaged, the only damage to the screen is a small crack in the glass. So I'll just order the glass and replace it.

Remember to order new tape - You can't reuse the OEM stuff once you pull the old glass off.

Juho Varumo will be eternally grateful.