iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Cloudy Screen After Water Damage

My friend forgot to take his iPhone 4 out of his pocket during a swim in the sea. After around 20 minutes, he found out and put it into a bag of rice. I have fixed it with an alcohol bath and deionized water, but the screen is cloudy. The bottom 1 cm has some yellow tint, and the rest of the screen looks dark and murky. Is there any way to remove these, or do I have to replace the screen and glass? Or should I just allow the phone to dry out for a couple of days?

Most Helpful Answer

Let it dry out and see what you get. Since you said the sea, I assume this is a saltwater sea, it may be contaminants and residue. There might still be a possibility that you will have to replace the display assembly, but reevaluate in a few days. Good Luck.

Ok. I'm doing that right now. I'll come back with the results in a few days.

by Jack Byrnes

Jack Byrnes will be eternally grateful.