The Inspiron 1526 features AMD processors, Windows Vista, up to 4GB shared Dual Channel 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 graphics (integrated), 15.4" Wide Screen display and up to 250GB3 configured with a single 5400 RPM SATA hard drive.

Not turning on, possible shortened circuit.

I replaced the CMOS battery an forgot to plug in the fan plug. After i fixed that it worked for about 20 min and i gave it back to my friend. About 1 hour later it came back and he said it just shut off after about 45 min. I tried to power it up but no lites,on batt and plug power. When i took it apart again i looked at where the main power adapter plug attaches and there are like 3 strips of solder on the back that look like it is pitted /black not sliver looking. Would this prevent it from power on by just the battery also? If this is the problem what is the name of the whole plug board that is not part of the rest of the motherboard and can i fix it?

how to download pics?

how do i download pics?

Looks like you figured it out okay. I would recommend to replace the whole board.

Warren Jones the only separate board I can think of would be the DC POWER JACK BOARD. Check the attached images to verify that this is the part you are looking for. As for the burnt/charred traces, on the logic board, it would be great to see a picture of it. Once you replace the burnt out component, reevaluate your computer. It is possible that it overheated the CPU prior to shutting down.

Warren Jones will be eternally grateful.