Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Is it possible to change the audio integer(the one on the motherboard)

Apparently I sold my iPhone 4 because it had a broken home button and speakers. He got the home button working but says the speakers won't work even after changing the charging port(I thought It was the problem and I had told him before) and says he found a dude who can fix a "crack" on the motherboard, who will change the audio integer. He wants me to pay half of it but I need to know if it is possible or not.. Otherwise he wants me to buy back the iphone.

I really don't think this is possible

Joshua Kyrits, the iPhone 4 use the Cirrus Logic 338S0589 audio codec IC. It is soldered to the surface of the logic board. I am not sure about the "dude" replacing it. I am not saying he is not, but that is a pretty advanced repair. So, it is possible, with the right tools and the right experience. Not a lot of people do board level repair.

Joshua Kyrits will be eternally grateful.