The Xbox 360 is the second game console made by Microsoft, and was released November 22, 2005.

Red Ring of death repair kit

I had fallowed that video on using the kit and I came to find out that the the washers did not help it put to much space so that the heat sink did not touch the chips. I took them out but I was still getting the 3 RRoD. I troubleshooted the xbox by holding the sync and hitting the eject on the disc drive and( that that's how I also find out why that spacer were not hitting the chips) it gave me the code of 00102 a website called xbox-experts.com gave me this reason code here's the link:http://xbox-experts.com/errorcode/E06/00.... I am going to put the plastic or whatever the washers are made of back on the board and see what happens.

I do have to add that I did get it to boot up but then it goes back to the 3 red rings so am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for your time to read this and any feedback.

EricAmbrose32, make sure you do follow the instructions to a Tee, especially from step 43 on. Of course, make sure that you use the proper thermal pads as well as thermal compound. Yes, sometimes it does take a few attempts :-) The other issues with that is, that it still is only a somewhat temporary fix. the added pressure on the IC is supposed to close the cracks in the solder (for a lack of deeper terminology). the better fix would be a reflow, but go ahead and redo it, let us know. Good Luck.

EricAmbrose32 will be eternally grateful.