Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Phone will not power on or be recognized on computer. Fix?

So I have an iPhone 4 that will not power on or be recognized in a computer. I removed the battery and plugged the phone up, but no response. I ordered and replaced the dock connector. but still didn't get a response. Does it have a bad logic board or is there something else that I can try?

Replace the battery. If that does not help, it's probably the logic boarfd.

Hi Curtis

Have a read of this post

Will not power on, what could it be?

This post I believe gives you good recommendations to start of. Also have a look at the logic board and see if you can notice any corrosion, if so do a isopropyl alcohol solution bath to help loosen the corrosion and using a soft bristle brush like a soft toothbrush lightly brush the corrosion off. The alcohol bath will also help remove any kind of moisture that may be on the logice board.

Curtis Austin will be eternally grateful.