0

dipen
1

Why does it sync but does not charge?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Im facing the same problem..I can sync my iphone 4 play it too but it doesnt get charged.What could be the main reason ?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

Restore the phone first, but back it up fIrst. If that is no help, look at my answer for guides and a battery to try

Nick,

check the charging port for dust and dirt, check your cable?

pollytintop,

0

Nick

First, reset your phone, this is done by pressing the home and power button till the phone boots to the apple logo

From there, do what pollytintop said and replace the iPhone's data cable, or borrow one(iPods are standard across adults and teenagers, preteens, even kids, see if you can borrow a cable somewhere and if theirs works, replace yours)

If that is no help, as pollytintop said, check for damaged or dirty pins in the dock connector

Also, i would check the LSI(liquid damage sticker) in the dock connector, it may have been liquid damaged, it will be red if it was exposed t liquid, white if not

If none of this helps, the dock connector or logicboard needs to be replaced, and the soldering level is tough, so unless you think you can do it, find a shop who will do it cheap, just be prepared to buy the connector

iPhone 4 Dock Connector (GSM/AT&T)

just in case

P2 Pentalobe Screwdriver iPhone

Plastic Opening Tools

note those are some of the tools you need and may need, but the pentelobe is only if your phone has pentelobe screws

Plastic Opening Tools

Soft tip prying tools for DIY electronics repair. Use to open your iPod, iPhone, or any other sensitive mobile electronic devices. The soft plastic won't scratch your device, but the strong tip will easily pry it open. It's the essential tool for opening — 50+ available at 2.95 each.

P2 Pentalobe Screwdriver iPhone

Compatible with the type 5IPR fasteners used on the iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5. Swivel top handle with precision tip driver. — 50+ available at 11.95 each.

iPhone 4 Dock Connector (GSM/AT&T)

Replacement iPhone 4 Dock Connector contains connector and primary microphone assembly. Compatible with all iPhone 4 GSM models. White and black options. — 50+ available at 17.95 each.

Edited by: Nick ( )

I know this is odd I pay attention or care to this, but I don't know if i want another iPhone next upgrade because of Apple suing for little designs that are not even close, or standard, and they have some really stupid patents that should not be patents, but got somehow($$$) and seem to think they are worth protecting. Simply put, I'm at my wits end with Apple and patent wars at this point, they are a patent troll too now

Nick,

if I invented something, paid good money to develop it, produce it, market it and give follow up care, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd want to protect it. Someone takes my idea and gives it a little difference and tries to sell it as their own? Think I'd be going after them with lawsuits too. All depends on how you look at things. I like my phone, I can repair my phone, I don't give 2 hoots about Apple's "little designs" as long as it works. I've tried other products and have never been impressed. Guess the patent protection has worked eh?

pollytintop,

I agree, they should, but some things they protect are not worth it to protect

Nick,

i agree with everybody else for the most part, they are suing because they are scared, but sometimes apple isn't

Nick,

0

ReekoB
733
Repairs

dipen - try a new charger and USB lead - if that doesn't work then it sounds like the dock connector needs replacing

Part

Guide