The first model of iPhone, Model A1203 with 4, 8, or 16 GB capacity and an aluminum back. Repair requires a significant amount of prying, and may require some soldering.

iPhone to iPhone 4 - 4S buildover

Has anyone of you guys had experience with building over an old iphone 2G to a later model?

I was thinking about doing this because I have an old iphone 2G and also the innards of an iphone 4 and 3G and it would be really cool to get it working :) because I really dig the iphone 2G design, never really liked the 3G and 4 outside look.

remmeltbeckers, going to be tough, the connectors will be different, so the LCD/digitizer is not going to work. The 3 and 4 display will not fit your frame etc. So as you can see this will definitely require some heavy duty engineering.

the 2g has a fatter case so it should all fit, just depends whether you can get the LCD from a 3 or 4 to stick to the rear case/antenna cover..it used clips instead of the 2 screw attachment that the 3 and 4 use. I think I'd try and "bodge" a whole new case to look like the old one instead of trying to work on a true case. The 4 uses screws to keep the LCD to the midframe so that's an extra headache. Maybe the 3/3gs would be easier?

remmeltbeckers will be eternally grateful.