2008 netbook; Model ZG5 AOA150-1691; 8.5" screen; 1.6 GHz N270 Intel Atom Processor

How to upload or format my acer Aspire One ZG5

how to format and upload my PC new

Wolfgang, why do you have to format your Acer? What happened to it?

To be honest, I think this shipped with a recovery partition and CD's. I could be wrong here, but I think this is what Acer did for this Aspire One.

How you recover depends on the drive. If it's a replacement you do not have a recovery partition. You will need install media. This can be OEM or Acer OEM. The choice is yours. THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING OFF THE NETBOOK!

If you so not how to get into the recovery partition, here's a video on how to do it.

If you cannot follow the video, follow this procedure:

• Press Alt+F10 at the same time at the BIOS splash screen. If this does not work, try ESC.

One caveat: THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU STILL HAVE THE RECOVERY PARTITION. If you do not have it, this will not work. You will need to use a Windows XP install disc and a USB DVD drive, or write the XP installer to a USB stick. This also requires a legible XP key. If it isn't legible then you need to buy a new key or install a different OS. You can install Win7, but I would check with others how the ZG5 takes it first. You can find a copy of Windows 7 on Amazon.

If you install Win7, max the netbook's RAM out to 2GB. The guide is pointed out here.

Acer Aspire One ZG5 RAM Replacement

Wolfgang will be eternally grateful.