MacBook Pro models with 13" displays

Do I need to replace the entire screen?

I dropped my MacBook Pro and now, the screen does not work and the top of the screen (the metal casing) has a very small dent. I am able to use my macbook by plugging it into an external monitor. Everything else appears to be working fine: all my drives work and I am able to access all of my files. Do you think I can just replace the LCD display panel or do you think I will have to replace the entire screen?

Without examining and opening your machine there is really no way to know. The first thing, and cheapest is to examine the LVDS cable connection to the logic board. For the correct guide on doing this please give us the last three figures of your serial number so we know exactly which machine you have.

Thanks so much for the reply. It is the macbook pro 13" from 2008. The last 3 digits of the serial number are 1AQ.

kyla will be eternally grateful.