Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Replaced HDD but still getting disk full warning

I successfully replaced my iMac's HD (250GB => 2TB).

Followed all recommendations and had my computer back running from last TimeMachine backup (Mac OS X Lion).

Unfortunately, I am now getting "Disk Full" warning at all times. This didn't happen at first.

Tried Disk Repair, which doesn't find anything to repair.

Any leads?

Cheers,

Joel

You, if you're doing lots of video, audio or photo files, some application, or someone, could be writing information to your disk.

In Finder click on the HD image and do Command-I (OR right click select get info) it may take a minute but you should see in the popup window that opens just above the label boxes Capacity:XXX, Available:XXX and Used:xxx

If the drive is indeed full or near full you must determine where the space is going. If it's not full you have a different issue.

From Finder in List View, go to Menu->View-> Show View Options and click "calculate all sizes" (this will take a while) ''and then click the sort by size column so that it will list the largest folder first. What is that folder?

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your answer. I found a few hours ago that I had an .mbox file from Mail app that was 1.7TB large, almost the size of my new disk (2TB). I have no clue how this happened. I just deleted that file (rm -rf Messages.mbox) since all my emails were archived in GMAIL anyway, and I am good now.

I had tried almost every tool available to detect this kind of file: OmniSweeper and DaisyDisk but none would be able to calculate the correct sizes in folders (??). They never pointed to that file. I finally used this command: du -Psckx * | sort -nr

Started on the root folder, and all the way into the folder showing 1.7TB to find out that 1.7TB Messages.mbox file from Mail.

Voila,

Joel

Please "accept" this answer so that it be archived for other to learn from. Thanks

joelmaranhao will be eternally grateful.