iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 16 or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Why is my iPhone connecting to iTunes but not charging?

I have an iPhone 4 which was dropped and stopped working. The back glass needed replacing and it appeared that the battery was not holding its charge anymore. I replaced the battery in it but have now found that it won't charge. I have connected it to iTunes and managed to restore it.

I have attempted charging it through a docking station, my laptop and a power adapter for over 24 hours but it still shows the charging icon but the battery bar isn' increasing.

Sounds like the next port of call is replacing the dock connector:

GUIDE

PART

I was thinking that, but wasn't sure, as it is still connecting to iTunes, but only for the restore.

by Matt Morgan

do a soft reset by pressing sleep/power button and home button simultaneously for 5-10 seconds

I have done, twice, but still getting the same icon on the screen.

by Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan will be eternally grateful.