Android-based media tablet by Amazon with 7" multi-touch color display. Repair requires only screwdrivers and prying tools.

Where do I purchase a kindle fire motherboard?

Where do I get a kindle fire motherboard. I read the guide for replacing it, but I cannot find one for purchase.

First off what is wrong with your kindle fire why are you wanting to replace it ?

Broken solder connection on the usb. In the process of opening it, so that I could resolder it, I broke off a resistor that took off.

Ebay had a whole slew of em had a good price I don't know if they are still on there I was going to replace one for someone when I was looking. I don't think Ifixit carries them.

This kindle fire is a scam. I will never purchase in my life again another kindle product. Amazon is the worst. The solder dissipated from the connection and i cannot find a replacement motherboard for this obvious defect. Never again, not another dime! Word of mouth kills business, and Amazon is goin down in flames! Good bye for good Amazon!

@Frederick Lomnardi: how does this answer the question? Your commment (rant) belongs in a product review thread, not here.

Most Helpful Answer

David Pendell, you can get them from here

Thanks for the link! Fingers crossed that I'll find what I'm looking for.

You can also get them by searching for " MOTHERBOARD pn 31KC1MB0090 for Amazon Kindle Fire with google" or EBay Search.

Not worth the cost to repair. Very bad design. Stay away from Kindle Fire.

where do you get a first generation mother broad

I had 2 kindle fire 1st gen and the charge port malfunctioned on both of them. I called Amazon and they sent me 2 replacements with no questions asked (2nd gen) at no charge. Amazon is great to deal with. A year later, both work great with no issues with them at all.

I opened my Kindle and the number is slightly different for the MB. Mine has 31KC1MB00E0. Is there a difference between 31KC1MB00E0 and 31KC1MB0090? All I can find in searches is 31KC1MB0090. Thanks

David Pendell will be eternally grateful.