Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Water Damage, but still working/battery drain

My sister dropped my phone in the toilet and a month later I plugged it in and turned it on and it worked. But now, three months later, it turns off all the time and dies in less than 3 minutes if the battery runs below 100%. What do you suggest I do to fix this?

Nicole, the problem that you might run into at this time could range from corrosion on the logic board to a bad battery. that is way it is so important to clean the phone as soon as possible after any water/liquid exposure. You did not give us the particulars about your phone, so I can only give you a generic answer. On this page you can identify your phone and select it. Look for the guide that will show you how to perform a logic board removal. Once you have your phone apart, clean it using this guide. Once you have it all properly cleaned, look for any obvious damage. Once you are satisfied that your logic board, cables, and connectors (do not forget the dock connector) are cleaned,replace the Battery. I believe that this is the root cause for your phone failure. Once you replaced it, reassemble your phone and re-evaluate for any damage, if any. Hope this helps, good luck.

Nicole will be eternally grateful.