Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Sanyo dp42849 black screen

I have a sanyo dp42849 and the picture stopped working. The power light is on but the screen is completely black. Not sure if the audio works or not but I think that it doesn't work too but like I said im not sure. I did some research and I found that it may be the power supply board and to check the capacitors. I looked and they seem fine. So I am not sure what else I should check for or if it is just the whole power supply that is fried and Mabie I just need to replace the whole thing.

When you say you looked at the caps, what did you find? Did you check the Power supply with a meter to see what you voltage is?

Ya I looked at the capacitors to see if they were bulged, leaking, etc. but they all look fine, as far as testing it I'm not 100 percent sure how to do that. I know how to use a voltmeter just not sure how to use it on a board like this.

contact me by email, it si in my profile, I might have the service manual for your TV. First TV repair?

yup my first. i am pretty much a self taught DIY-er but this is my first tv repair.

Just like anything else, take your time, make sure you are organized and have the right tools. Once I get home, I will post a link to the service manual and the trouble shooting manual for your TV. It will not fix your TV for you, but will most certainly help :-)

Most Helpful Answer

Andrew Johannis, besides the most common error being on the power board, also check the caps and fuses marked F1 and F2 on the inverter board.

UPDATE

I added the flowchart from the service manual. you did not tell us if you have anything on your TV in respect to blinking LED or anything. So start with this flowchart, it is hard to see as an image on here but works if you print it out. ...Hope this helps, good luck.

Ok I'll print this off and look it over and comment back.

back light led strips have to be replaced........you have sound and no picture . have a certified tech replace them....... internal parts are very fragile......and voltages must be checked......Good Luck

Of course that is a completely bogus answer since dp42849 is not LED, but CCFL backlit.

Here is the most likely correct answer to this one:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/429/san...

Note there are several different versions of DP42849 though! The above link addresses the P42849-01 version (it is called "chassis") and the number can be seen at the back plate.

DO NOT ASSUME YOUR TV IS THE SAME!!! VERIFY BEFORE ORDERING ANYTHING!

We have the same tv model number DP42840 that just went to a black screen, with no sound and the power lite on. We are totally ignorant...can it be fixed and if so an approximate cost....and where are you located Coppell TV? :D

Please note the model number is DP4284 "0"

Look at the green LED continuously. Does it blink once every 20 or so seconds?

No. Seems to me it came on green, then went to red. We unplugged and replaced but hesitate to dispose of it, if it can be fixed. We did try turning on but it would do the same thing. I appreciate your response. Thank you.

After it turns off try to turn it on again. Do that 3 times in a row. On the 4th time the TV should NOT allow you to try to turn it on; you'd have to disconnect it from AC and let it stay disconnected for 30-60 seconds before it lets you power it on again (to same effect).

If that's the case then you can use this service to get the main board to us for confirmation and correction of the problem:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/66/dp42...

Andrew Johannis will be eternally grateful.