Model A1288 / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity

when I turn music onto shuffle songs same song keeps repeating

How do i stop same song being repeated when i shuffle songs on my ipod - only the first song plays over and over

I just updated my phone and not only is "shuffle" the only option showing, but it plays the same song over and over unless I manually forward to the next song. I've tried turning phone on and off to no avail. I have an iPhone 6S. Help!

On my iPhone 6 (IOS 10.2) there is no icon on the top right as stated here. There is just the song name, the length and the play and fast forward and rewind button. If I press the 3 little red dots, it gives me the choice to delete from the library or add to a list. But the same song plays over and over again.

I don't have these icons either. What the heck!!!!!

Ditto. Just discovered you now have to pull up the Play Now screen to see Shuffle and Repeat (doh!)

Where the he'll is that at. I'm a rookie, I need a tutorial

When you are viewing the song, at the top right just below the total song length is where the shuffle icon appears. It shows in blue when shuffle is active and white when it is not.

On the top left, just below the current time for the song is an icon with two arrows "chasing" each other. They are white when repeat is inactive, blue when repeat full playlist is active and blue with a tiny number "1" when repeat 1 song is active.

I suspect that you have the repeat 1 song option set. Tap that icon once more to turn it off. Then shuffle should work as expected.

Hope that helps.

It fixed my repeat-song1-when-on-shuffle issue.

Why would i want to repeat song 1 when on shuffle anyway?

This did the trick for me!

I had a bit of trouble finding that repeat 1.

On the Screen (in portrait Mode) (long edges up and down) touch the screen once in the middle to show the advancement of the song. The repeat cycle indicator is now visible to the left.

Thanks this issue had always puzzled me for a couple of years.

SomeHow every now and then my " List repeat" would turn into a "Song Repeat" even though I was in (PLAY ALL) / (shuffle all).

I must have inadvertently touched that repeat Icon!

Thanks Smartsphere

Brilliant it worked for me!

Thankyou it was a bit of a mission but yeh got it awesome!!!

Works great thanks

To all those who have an iPhone and not an iPod:

iTunes recently did a crazy haul on their design and functionality in one of their updates. One thing they did was make it so the 'playing now' screen only shows (from top to bottom) the album cover, the length of the song, the title of the song, the album and creators/singers of the song (in that breaking-news-style looping text), the rewind, Play, and fast forward buttons, the volume slider, and the three dots at the bottom (more).

No shuffle or repeat Icons.

well, believe it or not, they're still there. Just hidden. What you have to do is scroll up from the 'now playing' screen. you should come to the lyrics of the song, and just above it are two very large and very obvious rectangular buttons saying "shuffle" and "repeat."

simply press the repeat button until it's grey, and boom. Problem solved.

I hope this was helpful!

Finally. Thank you. What a stupid redesign.

YOU are awesome!! Thank you so much. It was driving me insane!!

thank you so much. this was driving me crazy and this is the only answer that helped me

Omg whoever u are you are amazing!!! I've been going crazy trying to figure this out

OMG

Thank you very helpful.

Thank you! I inadvertently hit the repeat and did not know what the symbol was pr how to fix it until I read your thread. It fixed the problem. My ipod is shuffling and advancing as it is supposed to now. Thanks again.

Worked for my iPhone 6

This has been an annoyance for such a long time.. what a simple fix.. Thank you so much!!

I paid over $200.00 for this & have 1400+ songs on here that I get the same song over & over!!!I need my music,Fix it or send me a new one with all my music!I don't have a credit card & this sucks!!!!!!!!

I use an Ipod nano and want my favorite 50 songs to play over and over. I have it on shuffle which is great but IPod plays all songs once and then stops. How can I have it so at the end of the play list it starts again playing? thanks

I cannot see any repeat icon anywhere on any part of my Apple Music on iPhone and I cannot get it to go to landscape. I'm at my wits end

It is happening to me too. After the last update, I can't even see the repeat button...

I cannot see any repeat icon either, nothing blue or white or below the song length

I can't see the repeat on my iPod touch.

I thought i was tripping !!

many thanks for the fix!!

Can anyone help me...I have an Ipod touch 6 i believe. When I hit playlist...it just keeps repeating the same song over and over.....help????????

Thank you....

Is this the same for the iPhone 6s? It's doing the same thing on the iPhone

Maybe you just switch on that function

bobbie will be eternally grateful.