Android-based media tablet by Amazon with 7" multi-touch color display. Repair requires only screwdrivers and prying tools.

How can I turn off or unfreeze my kindlke fire?

my kindle seems to be frozen what do I do?

My kindle fire has frozen up & the power button won't even work?

"Performing a hard reset on your Kindle Fire may resolve intermittent issues like a frozen screen, battery issues or trouble downloading content to your Kindle Fire. Allow your Kindle Fire to charge for approximately 30 minutes, then try the following steps.

To perform a hard reset on your Kindle Fire, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire.

If your Kindle Fire is still unresponsive, try charging your Kindle Fire before trying to reset the device again." from here. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you! i unfroze my screen

@Tamara, you are welcome

I do this but when it comes back on it says fire and does nothing else

it worked thats amazing thanks

Got it to power off now will not power back on

Mines have been trying to come on but still has been frozen butvi notice things about itcsuchvas changing screen commercial but and now the screen is moving around when I turn it several ways such at first it wouldn't do that I think it is really trying to unfreeze on its own

Have anyone just bout a new battery then it works becausecmine is 3 years old

I've tried to hard set it about 4 times still no luck.

My kindle does not freeze, I just can't shut It down. I've let my battery deplete, then charge it up and I still can't use the power button. The only way I can use it is to plug It into the power outlet. It does not restart but opens where I slide to open my kindle. My sound is not working and I need to restart my kindle to make other work. Can anyone help me here?

Well, if you cant turn it off...it's frozen. Did you try the hard reset? Push the power button ...holding it for 20 secs. Should power down/go off. Then push power button again. If that doesn't work - charge Kindle for 30 minutes and try reset again. Totally worked for me.

Yes thanks worked well after keeping me awake with the silly light on !!!!

Hi. Any advice welcome please. I've charged my Kindle Fire HD . When I open it I get the usual screen with the Unlock or Buy it now screen. I cannot get it to unlock or do anything. I have done aboutv12 hard resets. A moment ago I managed to open it but that's as far as it would let me go. I can see the apps and different Screen options like Web Books App etc .... Do I recharge it and try again? Is it past its sell by date? Thank you. Ps I did a factory reset about 8 months ago due to it being very slow and it's worked great since then until yesterday. I do have an anti virus that scans itself every night/week.

Susan Terry will be eternally grateful.