iPod dead after LCD repair, no USB response, what now?
I did an LCD/Digitizer replace on my iPod touch 4G. It was working prior (with a cracked digitizer) but now is 100% unresponsive. Nothing of note went wrong with the repair, everything worked as expected.
I've tried the following:
- Hard reset: Held down sleep and home for a good 60 seconds
- Plugged into computer: USB bus and iTunes do not acknowledge the device.
- Left charging for several hours: no change
- Cursor inspection of internals: battery solder points look fine, No visible damage to button flex cable.
I'm looking for any suggestions, where to look for problems, should i go ahead and take out the whole main-board/battery? Where can I put a voltmeter and what should I expect to read? Should I feel any warmth from the battery when power is attached (I do not)?
Is this a good question?