Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

New LCD Install - No Display

I've got a Mid-2009 Macbook Pro 13, and I just installed a new LCD after accidentally cracking the old one. Before the install, the old LCD would still show a white screen, and I could display the screen on an external monitor. After the replacement, the NEW LCD would simply remain blank when I turned on the computer (I can still display on an external monitor). I swapped the LCDs out again, and the old (cracked) one will still light up as it did before. I then reinstalled the new one, yet it still does not display. I've checked the connections on the logic board, and I don't believe I have an problems there, and since I can display and operate the computer using and external monitor, I don't think the Logic Board itself is damages either.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Do I need to do anything special to make the LCD register with the computer (wouldn't think I would need to). I'm thinking the NEW LCD was DOA and that I need to send it back, but thought I'd reach out first.

Any suggestions are welcome.

it should be the same number at back of your original led screen

Most Helpful Answer

Yea that screen was DOA -if you haven't already contact the vendor for a replacement.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Josh will be eternally grateful.