Complete disassembly and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Fitting the iPhone 3GS into an iPhone 4 body

I have a werid and random question. I have an iPhone 3gs that I specifically bought instead of the iPhone 4 because of a blue "Mikey" I use for recording studio sessions. This isn't a real die hard emergency question but I noticed that you guys at ifixit.com have torn apart both the iPhone 3gs and the iPhone 4. I really prefer the look of the iPhone 4 but needed the functionality of the 30-pin connector from the iPhone 3gs. I guess the iPhone 4 is missing a stereo setting on that 30-pin connector or something to that affect and causes the microphone to not work on the iPhone 4. So my question is, is it possible to transplate all the 'insides' of the iphone 3gs into the body of an iPhone 4 and have it still function?

Mike, in all probability, NO. The logic board is absolutely a different layout. The Screen is different and all the buttons and switches are in different locations. To make it fit would require an amazing amount of dexterity, knowledge and luck, but of course these are just my 2cents. Good luck.

Mike will be eternally grateful.