Why is the heater core busted on my 1996 Cadillac Eldorado?
need directions in replacing a heater core
Is this a good question?
The 8th and final generation of the Eldorado.
brandon, here is what the service manual wants you to do :-):
"1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Partially drain the coolant. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling in Engine Cooling.
3. Remove the instrument panel compartment. Refer to Instrument Panel Storage Compartment Replacement in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
4. Remove the right sound insulator. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Right Side in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
5. Remove the heater and A/C programmer. Refer to Programmer Replacement .
6. Disconnect the driver air mix actuator (2).
7. Disconnect the passenger air mix actuator (3).
8. Remove the heater core cover.
9. Remove the inlet and outlet heater hoses from the heater core.
10. Remove the heater retaining screws.
11. Remove the heater core."
Hope this helps, good luck.
Hey, where did you get that service manual. The instructions refer to other parts of the book. It would be nice if you could post a link to buy it or a link to download a off for free. Thanks in advance.
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 0
Past 30 Days: 2
All Time: 1,997